Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wardrobe Updates – Tale of a White Suit


I need a replacement suit for one I’ve had since the 80’s...
I had a beautiful winter white Ralph Lauren suit that I loved.  It felt like butter it was so soft.  Recently when I wore it I noticed it had stains that dry cleaning hadn’t gotten out and weren’t likely to.  When I moaned about this at work, a person who knows fashion pointed out that the cuffs and lapel made the suit sometime in the eighties.  “Can’t be” I exclaimed.  However, I knew there was an advertisement that showcased the suit and decided to try and find it on line.  Sure enough, 1982 and I bought it two years after so 1984.  I then thought of the many times I’d worn it and decided that I was lucky to still fit into it after all this time (albeit a little tight in spots) and that I’d gotten my money’s worth out it.  I sadly retired it and now I need to find a replacement.  The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...