Thursday, July 26, 2012

New York Carriage House

At the moment I have two cars parking at my home.  This is temporary but it's brought home the issues of those who don't have parking available.  I'm lucky that I have a garage to park my car in and a driveway for any other vehicle.  But the recently ramp we put in the garage for my dad means we need to find parking for one extra car.  Buying a parking space is an option or even renting, but wow the price.  This got me thinking of place like Toronto, New York, London and so on where they don't have the luxury of a garage and parking space.  This then got me thinking of one solution that I saw a while ago in World of Interiors Magazine that impressed me.  The owner is or was interior designer Bruce Budd.

A sophisticated and elegant New York Townhouse - yes


But it's more than meets the eye...

Those beautiful double doors conceal the entrance to a garage which reveals the entrance to the carriage house it once was.



However that's just one part of this amazing transformation. 

Can you imagine a master bedroom this large?

Elegant and Beautiful

Full of wonderful light


And let's not forgot the lovely room garden.


"In August 2009 Buinny Mellon sold a second townhouse, also on East 70th Street, for $13,500,000 to —Morgan Stanley executive John J. Mack and his wife Christy. Miz Mellon reportedly used the 30-foot wide and 9,475 square foot limestone mansion, designed as a carriage house by C.P.H. Gilbert just after the turn of the 20th century, as a very posh storage space, car garage and housing for her friend and on-staff interior decorator Bruce Budd who had his private living quarters in the townhouse photographed for an unknown issue of World of Interiors."

Looks like it might belong to someone else now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...