Saturday, August 11, 2012

Something Had to Give

This morning it hit me that A Serene Life for Me will have to be postponed for a while.  Life has become too hectic to keep up the blog. 


In the past year we've been hit with so many difficult blows to overcome that it's taken a major toll on my health. As previously stated my father is dying of ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. If you're familiar with it at all it slowly robs you of your muscles as your body shuts down on you. It's a horrible way to die and right now my father can't speak and can barely walk. Falls and chocking are frequent and since I'm his main caregiver and still work full time, there is very little of me left for anything else.

Everything is suffering because of the events of the past year and I've finally reach the point where I need to let some things go so that I can regroup and focus on what's important to me and my family. I will miss blogging, but some things are more important and since I have no way of knowing how long this will last, I have no idea how long it will be before I can begin posting again. I hope to continue someday but until the clouds part for us I'm afraid this is so long for now.

I wish everyone the best out there in blog land and especially to those wonderful people that I've touched base with that have been so kind and encouraging. Check me out once in awhile. I hope to be back and continue our relationship...

A Serene Life for Me

1 comment:

  1. We'll miss you! Take care of yourself. Sending warm thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...