Monday, November 12, 2012

Feeling my Irish Roots

One of my grandmothers was Irish and all that it implies.  She was a stunning beauty when she married my grandfather.  I have the family wedding portraits to prove it.  This weekend  I was straightening up and had to move the pictures.  She was always just grandma to me but when I look at her now with fresh eyes I can see all the beautiful wild irish charm she contained.  Apparently while I look like my other grandmother, I've been told I have her temperment.  Probably the irish temper part but oh well.  She would have loved this.  I've been thinking a lot about them lately as it's her son that I'm currently caring for.








 
The Quiet Man - 1952
 
A retired American boxer returns to the village where he was born in Ireland, where he finds love.  One of my favourite John Wayne movies.  Filmed around County Mayo by John Ford it stars John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara and Victor McLaglane (my favourite actor from the John Wayne films).  If you love his films you'll recognize so many actors from this film as he made many of them family affairs.  It even includes his children in one scene.
 
John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...