Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Meaning to Winter Wonderland

Forgive my slow return to the world of blogging.  This past "deep freeze" we experienced wreaked havoc with my life.  Frozen pipes, wonky furnace, frozen car battery and I've already had enough of winter.  The budget for the year for is blown - my get away vacation if looking pretty dim now - and now we're into rain and melting ice and snow - which also means flooding.  Winter can be beautiful but not when you're bundled up like Nanook of the North and trying to keep from freezing in your own home.  This week I truly appreciated those who were without hydro for extended periods of time.  One day did enough damage that my entire week was a mess.

 
I'll get back on line when I've unthawed.  My spirits as much as anything else at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...